torsdag

General Motors Helpline

HELPLINE:     General Motors Helpline, how can I help you?
CUSTOMER: My car ran fine for a week, and now it won't go
anywhere!
HELPLINE: Is the gas tank empty?"
CUSTOMER: Huh? How do I know?
HELPLINE: There is a little gauge on the front panel, with a
needle, and markings from 'E' to 'F'.
Where is the needle pointing?

CUSTOMER: I see an "E" but no "F".
HELPLINE: You see the "E and just to the right is the "F".
CUSTOMER: No, just to the right of the first 'E' is a 'V'.
HELPLINE: A "V" ?
CUSTOMER: Yes, there's a "C", an "H", the first "E", then "V",
followed by "R", "O", "L"...
HELPLINE: No, no sir! That is the front of the car. When you
sit behind the steering wheel, that is the panel I am talking about.
CUSTOMER: That steering wheel thing-- Is that the round thing
that honks the horn?
HELPLINE: Yes, among other things.
CUSTOMER: The needle is pointing to "E". What does that mean?
HELPLINE: It means that you have to visit a gasoline vendor and
purchase some more gasoline. You can install it yourself, or pay
the vendor to install it for you.
CUSTOMER: What? I paid $12,000 for this car! Now you tell me
that I have to keep buying more components? I want a car that comes
with everything built in!